28. Collect and record stories about my family from my grandparents
29. Break the habit of picking at the skin around my nails. Youch! It hurts!
30. Bungy jump from the world's tallest bungy jump from Bloukrans bridge in South Africa.
31. Have a “signature dish”—something that everyone will ask me to bring to a potluck. 32. Go ice fishing. 33. Get all of my amazing girlfriends across the nation together for an unforgettable weekend. 34. Spend a month in the woods with nothing but the pack on my back and whatever I can carry in it. 35. Use the phrase “the last time I was in Thailand” in a completely legitimate way. 36. Own my own company. 37. Learn how to clean and cook and entire fish. 38. Play with a baby elephant
41. Live in a foreigncountry 42. Play tennis at a 4.0 level (right now I'm a measly 2.75) 43. Learn the names of the constellations 44. Beat my Mom at Scrabble (never. going. to happen.) 45. Start a compost pile 46. Buy a gorgeous piece of stained glass 47. Learn how to be a good haggler 48. Wear a two-piece with ease again 49. Be an extra in a movie 50. Learn how to play chess
So... last night I think I had my first embarrassing moment on the internet. I had been randomly poking around the internet and after clicking link to link to link I showed up at a random blog. I honestly couldn't have told you how I got there but there I was nonetheless (is this suppose to be 1 word?). So, I ended up leaving a comment and adding the blog to my reader. Then I read this post later:
"two new blogs on the side.
goodbye dallas, hello world is a girl named meredith who must know marisa since they both live in chicago? i dunno. but she's taking an around the world trip with her boyfriend in may and you knooow how much i love travel books/blogs."
ohhh totally called out. So *sigh* here is where I fully announce myself as a stalker. So... I don't know Marisa but I saw a comment she wrote on another blog and then I saw your blogs and here I am!
I'm not really as creepy as that sounds!
And I am indeed taking a world-wide trip. Starting in Southern Africa, moving to the Middle East, then South East Asia and then finally India and Nepal. In May Chris, my boyfriend, and I will be taking our backpacks and heading to Johannesburg!
Now I must go email real people I know about this so I can confirm that I have real life friends too. haha
After spending my college years and first years of being an adult (ack!) in Dallas I packed my things and backpacked through Europe alone for 3 months. I then headed to culinary school at Johnson & Wales. Finally before tackling a career and a morgage I'm seeing the world! Want to know more? Read away! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org !