Leftover Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Happy Friday!

Chris and I have lots of plans for this Valentine's weekend; nothing romantic but I know that we will have an amazing time together.

Tonight we are going to a concert. We're seeing a Texas classic, Robert Earl Keen. We got our tickets for only $10 each (publicly priced at $25 each) on Groupon**. I'm really excited to see Robert Ear Keen, drink Shiner beer, and do a little two-stepping (you didn't know that I knew how to dance the 2-step did you?). Saturday we are going to a beer festival which is perfect because Chris L-O-V-E-S beer. When we lived in Dallas he brewed his own delicious beers! Sunday we are going to a Chinese New Year festival in Chicago's Chinatown.

One of my best friends from high school, Maggie, is also in Chicago this weekend visiting lots of friends (she used to live here) and I'm pumped to see her!

Get excited, I'm planning on taking lots and lots of pictures this weekend!

I also wanted to share the easy-peazy veggie packed dinner I made last night! It is super cold here in Chicago, I was starving, and I did not want to go to the grocery store; so I took a survey of what we had in the kitchen and ended up with these ingredients:

2 Russet Potatoes
1 Zucchini
1 container of cherry tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 tupperware (I think about a cup and a half) of cooked chicken
1 scallion

Slice the zucchini long-ways into circles and then quarter, mince the garlic, and slice the scallions. I also pulled the chicken apart into bite sized pieces.

I "baked" the potatoes in the microwave for about 8 minutes followed my 10 minutes in the oven to make the skins a little crispy. At the same time I sautéed the garlic, zucchini, tomatoes, and chicken together with a dash of olive oil and sea salt. The last step was to cut open the potatoes and scoop on your warmed toppings! Don't forget to add the scallions (because I totally did!).



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with the ones you love!

** You are using Groupon, right? Each they send out an email with offers. They have coupons in almost 50 cities. Think $40 worth of dinner for only $20 at a great local restaurant. There are also local deals for shopping, spas, local bakery. The deal is only for that day so you buy the deal through the website with a credit or debit card and then are issued a printable coupon with the deal that you can use for about 6 months or so.

I would say I've chosen only about 5% of the deals I've been emailed but the ones that I have chosen were awesome-- including 50% the expensive photography class I had already decided to take!

Here's the link: GROUPON!

7 comments- my fav!:

chelsea rebecca said...

i want to use GROUPON! how awesome!

all your plans seem so wonderful! chinese new year!?! WHAT! how fun! i'm excited to live vicariously through all the couples this weekend! haha. i guess thats slightly depressing but oh well!

those potatoes looks SO DELISH!

Giovanna said...

this looks great! and i had no idea about groupon! awesome!

missris said...

Groupon is pretty much amazing, especially in Chicago. I've gotten some great deals, from Bike Tours to Sushi to mani-pedis to museum memberships. Loove.

Gelareh said...

I love leftovers and quick meals... your Din looks really good.

bananas. said...

what a fun weekend! bring on the pics!! i'm ready :)

happy valentine's day!

Iva Messy said...

WOW!! looks fab!!

Happy Valentines Day!! ;)

megan said...

it's on my 'once i have a job' list. the temptation is too much until then!

Post a Comment