tu...tu....tu...tuesday

Hello beautifuls! (Did you know beautifuls is not a word according to spell check? pffft. totally is)

I had an A-MAZE-ING weekend at home in gorgeous North Carolina. I took almost 100 pictures but then my Mac is being a bit of a biotch and won't let me load them. I try to load them the exact same way I ALWAYS load them but then it says they are invalid file types. Sigh. Sometimes technology is such a pain in the ass.

But, que sera sera, since I can't share picture from this weekend in North Carolina I thought I would share some from Easter weekend in NC.

This is one of my all time favorite recipes and is so easy to make and looks very impressive!



Tomato Tart
(Adapted from Martha Stewart and Food Network to meet my laziness)

And please be aware that I almost never measure things exactly. I just throw it together and do a few taste tests to make sure it's okay! So these measurements are approximate because you know cups and teaspoons are more uniform than a handful or 6 dashes and a wiggle.

Ingredients

  • 1 store-bought or homemade dough for tart shell (I make my own in a food processor)
  • 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese (shell out the extra money for the nice stuff it will be worth it!)
  • 4 ounces grates Aziago or Fontina Cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
  • 4 to 6 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

Directions

Preheat oven: 400 degrees F. Line loose bottom tart pan with dough rolled out 1/8-inch thick (I just smoosh it into the pie pan with my fingers because OMG rolling out dough is messssssy) Mix together all ingredients. Add mixed ingredients to pie shell, arranging to cover as evenly as possible. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. When crust is golden and the tomatoes are delicious looking, remove. Garnish with fresh basil. Slice in wedges and serve warm.


I am warning you now that it's very very hard to only eat one slice of this pie!

I'm still in NC tonight but headed back to Chicago tomorrow evening. I"ll try to get those picture uploaded soon. And if not I'm headed to apple store to get a little genius helping!

3 days until the weekend! We can make it!

xoxo,

M



4 comments- my fav!:

Kate said...

This sounds and looks delicious! I cannot wait for tomatoes to really come into season here so that I can try some of these tomato tart recipes I have been stockpiling!

Stephanie said...

That looks delish...minus the whole tomato thing. :)

chelsea rebecca said...

AHHH!
this looks incredible!!
and go you for making your own crust! thats awesome!

missris said...

Mmm that looks like the perfect summer dish!

Post a Comment