Kalee at Une Vie Chic tagged to answer a few questions about myself; the perfect post for a Monday morning. Chris and I had a wonderful weekend full full of the mundane-- grocery shopping, long walks, seeing a movie, working out-- it was exactly what we needed to rejuvenate before a busy week of school and work.
4 Shows I Watch:
Chris and I don't have cable in the house and in fact I haven't had cable the entire 2 years we have been dating. However, we do have a regularly used Netflix account and we watch movies and TV on the computer.
Here's what we and I have watched in the last year on Netflix:
1. The Tutors (just me! I went on a Tutors kick while Chris was traveling so much for work)
3. Robin Hood (We're watching this BBC series right now but last night we decided that we were bored with it and wanted to start something new)
4. Lots and lots and LOTS of movies. We just watched The Lost Boy-- a great 80's class with both Corey Feldman AND Corey Haim!
4 Things I Am Passionate About:
1. Childhood nutrition
3. Healthy and happy lives for myself, my family, and my friends
4. Open and healthy discussion (I have no patience for arguing for the sake of arguing. I love having healthy discourse but when insulting or attacking starts I am done.)
4 Phrases (or words) I Say A Lot:
1. Shut up! No way!
2. Okay! Plus okay hand signal. (When you are scuba diving you check in with okay signals a lot. And since we came back from Hondura six months ago I can't shake the okay habit!)
3. I curse a lot so a well placed F-bomb happens usually once a day (If you know us in real life sometime ask Chris about the time I fell in a river while camping and I had 4 f-bombs in one sentence. It was a thing of glory.)
4. I love you (awwww mushy.... But I do say this a lot to Chris.)
4 Things I Have Learned From The Past:
1. Keep my temper in check. I have a hot streak and it can come out easily with a lot of fire. In the past, I've definitely flown into a blind rage and made some ridiculous scenes. Now, when I'm boiling I ask myself if it's worth it to make a scene. Every once and a while it is, but usually it's better not to throw the nearest items or start yelling.
2. I've learned to let go of a lot of insecurity. When I was a child my mom used to tell me:
You will always be smarter than some people
Someone will always be smarter than you...
You will always be faster that some people
Someone will always be faster than you...
You will always be prettier than some people
Someone will always be prettier than you...
You will always be more talented than some people
Someone will always be more talented than you...
So love what you have and be your best
It's taken years, okay decades, to realize how true this really is and to embrace the idea that what I have and who I am is wonderful.
3. Never. Ever. EVER eat processed foods. My body just can't handle it. Even if forced to eat dinner from a gas station do NOT have the lunchable-- it's not worth it!
4. I don't need as much sleep as I think I do. I can push my limits if needed. But, I have learned that I will never ever wake up early and I will always hit the snooze button if possible!
4 Things I Did Yesterday (Friday):
1. Went to class. It is my only academic class this semester, nutrition. I really love the class. It makes me wonder if I should go back to school and get my masters in nutrition. But I guess I should actually work at some point....
2. Laundry, washed dishes. I feel like we do these every single day.
3. Celebrated that it was Friday!
4. Went and saw Tron in 3D. The movie was visually stunning, especially in 3D, but the plot was basically nonexistent and I was and still am confused about the un-shown plot background.
4 Places I'd Like To Go:
2. South-east Asia
3. Jordan, especially Petra
4. Paris-- I have a hankering to go back to my old hometown!
4 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
2. Seeing where we'll be in a year. I feel in limbo right now. Not staying, but definitely not going. i'm so excited to move forward in one way or another.
3. Attending 3 weddings in the next 6 months! I love weddings! Congratulations Kendall and Will, Dori and John, and Shaunelle and Abe!
4. The Mother's Day trip to Napa that I am taking with my momma!
4 Things I Love About Winter:
1. The way my cheeks turn pink after a long walk in the cold.
2. Snowball fights
3. Squirreling away inside under blankets and enjoying the warmth, hot tea, and board games.
4. Soup! Soup! Soup!
4 Things On My Wish List:
1. The determination to keep on working out daily.
2. The inspiration to cook dinner at home 6 nights a week.
3. The moderation needed to save money.
4. The serenity to handle all of life's challenges.
Happy Monday y'all!!